Permanent full-time role, live in option available within the staff quarters, Monday-Friday 08:00-16:00, salary dependant on experience.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced gardener to work full time on a beautiful newly built private household garden in Virginia Water, Surrey.
The 4-acre garden consists of formal ornamental lawns, mixed bedding around the house and a variety of mature and young trees.
Areas of work
Lawns, flowerbeds, borders hedges, trees & hard surfaces
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Recommend and continuously assess a lawn treatment/ fertiliser program to prep and recoup throughout the different seasons
- Undertake general maintenance of the gardens to a high standard to ensure the home maintains a clean and well-kept environment
- Regular watering, weeding, fertilising, spraying, trimming and pruning flowerbeds ensuring they look attractive throughout the year
- Hedges to be kept neat and tidy to the agreed height throughout the year- scheduling main cuts and carrying out regular trimming throughout the year to maintain an attractive presentation.
- Monitor trees & garden areas on a regular basis and inform the client if any concerns arise
- Ensure all hard surfaces including paths, driveway and patios, are free from leaves and debris
- Herbicide applications to be made as necessary to control moss and weeds
- Remove all waste created from site
- Ensure that chemicals (insecticides) paints, proprietary cleaners and varnishes are used and stored only in accordance with manufactures instructions and guidelines.
- Carry out tests and checks as laid out and required by HC-One.
- Applicants must be enthusiastic and self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
- Understands and respect the household’s privacy and maintain confidentiality- not permitted to talk about clients/clients’ properties outside the workplace- includes the use of photographs on social media networks etc. without permission
- Physically fit and willing to work outdoors in all seasons
- Proficiency and good knowledge in the use and maintenance of relevant machinery (including chainsaws, mowers etc.)
- Competence and certificates in relevant health and safety legislations applicable to the role- i.e., FEPA certificates, PA1/PA6 spraying certificates and chainsaw certificates etc.
- Experience of working in a large garden of a similar nature would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of irrigation systems would be advantageous.
Up to date CRB/DBS Checks
Two References on request
To apply for this role, please register as a candidate.back to vacancies[/fusion_button
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.